Thursday, June 9, 2011

Homemade BBQ Sauce

    Hey folks. How goes it? I haven't posted a blog in a few weeks. Partly because I haven't cooked or done anything blog worthy, and also because I've been using most of my spare time to study for an extra- curricular French course I have been taking. Well my class is finishing up and I am finding myself with some extra time on my hands again.
    My last post was for some Baby Back Pork Ribs (which are delicious by the way), but I was meaning to post a recipe for my Homemade Orange Chipotle BBQ Sauce. With everything that I've had going on lately, I never got around to it  until now. So here it is....

Orange Chipotle BBQ Sauce

I found these convenient containers
at the Dollar Store. I use them for
storing salad dressings and sauces,
as well as flood icing when I decorate
cookies.

Ingredients:

2 cloves garlic
1 cup ketchup (I use a can of organic tomato paste instead)
1/3 cup orange juice
3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp. orange marmalade (I use "Crofter's Organic Blood Orange". It's delicious)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed
1 chipotle chili, from a can of chipotle chilies in adobo. As well as 1 Tbsp. of the sauce.
(Chipotles in Adobo can be hard to find. When I find them I usually pick up 8-10 cans for later use.)
1/4 tsp. cumin, ground

Directions:

(1) Place all the ingredients in a food processor/blender. Pulse until smooth.

*This will store safely in the fridge for about 2 weeks.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment