Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday Morning Pancakes

    Hello everyone. I'm back. I have been so busy lately, I haven't had time for anything. I had all of these great blog posts planned, and never got around to posting them. Oh well, I guess there's always next year.
    So to start off the holiday season I figured I would share with you a festive pancake recipe. This time it's Gingerbread Pancakes.

Gingerbread Pancakes:

Gingerbread Pancakes with bacon
and warm maple syrup.

Ingredients:

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsps. baking powder
1 Tbsp. ground ginger
2 tsps. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
2 cups milk or buttermilk (To create your own buttermilk combine 2 cup's of milk with 2 Tbsp. of
white vinegar or lemon juice. Let sit for 5 minutes. The buttermilk will look curdled,
but that is the result you want.)

2 eggs
2 Tbsps. butter (melted)
2 Tbsps. brown sugar
2 Tbsps. molasses

Directions:

1) Sift together the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and cloves in a large mixing bowl.

Dry ingredients.
2) Whisk together the milk, eggs, butter, sugar and molasses in another mixing bowl.

Wet ingredients.
3) Combine the wet and dry ingredients, making sure to not over mix.


4) Heat a large non-stick pan, and spray with cooking spray.
5) Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and heat until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
When bubbles start to appear, it is
time to flip.

6) Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.


7) Serve with warm maple syrup.


*Recipe makes 18 average size pancakes.
*Don't forget to cook up any leftover batter, and freeze the pancakes for later in the week :)

You may also like:
Classic Buttermilk Pancakes
Gingerbread Pancakes in a Jar
Gingerbread Cookies in a Jar

    This time of year can become financially stressful on us all. There are always so many people on your Christmas list and only so much money to go around. Gifts from the kitchen are always affordable to create and welcomed by all. While I was making these pancakes I thought it might be a nice idea to put the dry ingredients into a Mason Jar. This way I have a nice hostess gift for any parties I might be attending, or a quick gift I already have prepared for those wonderful friends who remembered to think of me, and that I may have accidentally overlooked :/




 

No comments:

Post a Comment