Sunday, September 4, 2011

3rd Book Club Selection: Mockingjay, by Suzanne Collins

    Mockingjay is the third and final installment of The Hunger Games Trilogy, by Suzanne Collins and is my 3rd book club selection. I have been reading my way through the series, and find myself really enjoying these novels. In case you're just joining in and need to catch up, the summaries for the previous two novels are attached to the links I have posted below.
    Mockingjay continues the story of Katniss Everdeen, who agrees to lead a rebellion against the rulers of the futuristic society of Panem.
    Against all odds, Katniss has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she's made it out of the bloody arena alive, she's still not safe. The Capitol is angry, and wants revenge. The Capitol believes she needs to pay for the unrest of the population in Panem. President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss's family, not her friends and not the people of District 12. This thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins's The Hunger Games Trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year.



    As a whole,  I found the Hunger Games Trilogy to be a quick, easy read, that kept me wanting more until the very end. The books were very well written and the plot was very original. If you are interested in reading these, I say it's definitely worth your time.

You may also like:
The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins (1st Book Club Selection)
Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins (2nd Book Club Selection)


No comments:

Post a Comment