Thursday, March 10, 2011

Finger Lickin' Good

 

    During my infinite quest to find fun activities for my little guy, I came across Pudding Paint. The idea instantly struck me as a winner. The moment I was in need of a new time waster, I pulled it out. And I was right. This little beauty of an activity, kept the wee one distracted for a whole hour. That NEVER happens. My child has many remarkable qualities, but being able to focus on a task is not one of them. I often find myself, taking time to prepare an activity for him, and he has become bored with it before it has even started. It can be exhausting to say the least.
    Anyhow, like most children's activities it doesn't require you to spend a lot of money, and the supplies needed are generally found around the house. Once prepared, the pudding can safely last in the fridge for at least three days. If you are planning on having more than one "Pudding Paint Day", divide the product into separate containers. You don't want to reuse it after little hands have been in there playing with it.

Pudding Paint

Materials Needed

Materials

  • 1 package of vanilla pudding, prepared according to package instructions (It usually calls for milk but I used water instead. The end result will just be a little more watery, and this way you won't waste your milk)
  • food coloring, an assortment of colors (I used red, blue and yellow. You can pretty much combine these three colors to make any color you want)
  • bowls (1 for each color of pudding paint you want to create)
  • paper  
  • rotary mixer or stand mixer to prepare pudding

Directions

1) Prepare pudding according to package instructions and place in refrigerator to chill for at least 5 minutes.
2) Divide pudding as desired
3) Mix food coloring into the separated pudding, until it has been well incorporated.
4) Create a safe area for painting, away from anything the might get ruined in the event of an accidental spill.

*I managed to find a large roll of white paper that I use for activities such as this one. I roll it out and tape it to the floor. That way if anything spills, I can just pull out the mop and bucket

Artist at work

No comments:

Post a Comment