Sunday, March 6, 2011

Playing with Food

    Today was just another Sunday here at our place. I was puttering around, doing my thing. The guys were off building blanket forts, and spending some time playing at the gym. While they were both out enjoying each others company, I figured I would prepare something fun to do for when they got back.
    I remembered quite some time ago, watching an episode of "Jon and Kate Plus 8". Kate had made her children a batch of homemade edible peanut butter play dough. I had been meaning to do this for a while now, and had not gotten around to it. So I figured, why not today?
   I just threw a few ingredients together in my stand mixer and watched it do it's own thing. It was finished in a matter of minutes, and took minimal effort. When the little one arrived back home, their was something new and fun to entertain him. For a small while anyway. You know boys...

   So here is how to make it if you're interested.


Materials Needed
Little hands at work
   












Edible Peanut Butter Playdough

  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup powdered milk
  • 1/2 tsp. honey

Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer until well incorporated.
Alternately, you can toss all the ingredients together in a resealable ziploc bag, and knead them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment